Many times, we realise the importance of having daily workouts, but we have problems with time. Many of us operate such busy schedules and barely have time for our families much less for ourselves. The weekends are not available to us because we already have full social schedules that are enough to engage us till Sunday night, and by Monday, we start the whole cycle all over again. Apart from this situation, we find that there are days we don’t have the time and desire to do a full routine exercise. Does that mean that when you cannot do a full routine, you don’t exercise? Not at all! While nothing takes the place of a regular exercise routine, here are some tips for fitting fitness in, when you are short of time.
- Seek to park your car farther away from your destination, and this will ensure that you move around some more.
- Walk or ride a bicycle if you are not going too far. In this part of the world, other issues like the state of the roads and the safety of the environment you live will dictate the appropriateness of this.
- When you have the opportunity to, use the staircase instead of the elevator. While standing in line for your turn at the restaurant, you can stretch. At work, at intervals, you can stretch in your office.
- If you use the bus for transportation, get off a stop earlier and enjoy a brisk walk to your destination.
- When in front of the television at home, get up and change your channel by yourself. Don’t use the remote. Better still, if you must spend time in front of the television, you can spend it riding a stationary bike or a treadmill.
- Walk your pets or walk around the block. You could walk around with your spouse, and it could be an excellent way of catching up on yourselves.
- In your free moments, you could decide to place on physical games with your children. Examples include football, table tennis, freebies, et cetera.
There are also exercises that can be done in the workplace. The hardest part is in getting started. Usually, the first few weeks are the most difficult. You’re probably not in shape, your body’s complaining badly. The trick here is to do what you are most comfortable with. Unless you absolutely hate your routine, stick to it. If you do hate it, however, you should try something else. This is because there is a higher likelihood of you continuing with what you love to do. Most people will start an exercise routine quit within a few weeks. But if you make it past those first few months, you will probably stay with your routine, and you may discover that you love it and cannot do without it. If you are well motivated, you could wake up early to do your workouts before you prepare for the day’s work. I wish you a great time in your workouts. Remember it is for you to total good.
726 total views, 2 views today