Ekklesia Magazine is a digital magazine published by Ekklesia Communications Limited (RC. 502817), a private limited liability company, duly incorporated under the Companies and Allied Matters Act, Cap. C20, Laws of the Federation of Nigeria, 2004.
Ekklesia Magazine was conceived sometime in mid-2006 when a small band of Christian brethren, assembled regularly to promote entrepreneurial skills amongst themselves. The progenitor group was also keenly interested in exploring Biblical guidance/principles bordering on issues of leadership, integrity, corporate/public administration, management, and the nitty-gritty of building of performance-driven organizations. At its inception, three Scriptures were, and are still pivotal to the essence of the magazine, to wit:
- GOD took the Man and set him down in the Garden of Eden to work the ground and keep it in order (Genesis 2:15 MSG).
- I went by the field of the slothful, and by the vineyard of the man void of understanding; And, lo, it was all grown over with thorns, and nettles had covered the face thereof, and the stone wall thereof was broken down. Then I saw, and considered it well: I looked upon it, and received instruction. Yet a little slumber, a little of folding of hands to sleep: So shall thy poverty come as one that travelleth; and they want as an armed man (Proverbs 24: 30-34 KJV).
- For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat. For we hear that there are some which walk among you disorderly, working not at all, but are busybodies. Now them that are such we command and exhort by our Lord Jesus Christ, that with quietness they work, and eat their own bread (2 Thessalonians 3: 10-12 KJV).
The magazine evolved into a compendium of essays themed on Christian work ethics. Ekklesia Magazine’s belief is that work is integral to our life on earth, and there is a need to approach work with a reckoning that any opportunity to work or generate work through entrepreneurship (especially in a country where so many are unemployed) is a gift from God. Christians ought to find pleasure in what their hands find to do. Our essays are written from a theological perspective although with the singular purpose of bringing vocational knowledge to the church and stimulating brethren in the area of career management. We focus on the leadership mandate of the church in the workplace and against this backdrop; we are interested in the development of brainpower and acquisition of secular knowledge within the safe and permissible boundaries of the Bible. We aim to bring to the fore, emerging trends in various careers and vocations. While we acknowledge that decent money, wealth, and economic influence are blessings from God (which are also necessary tools for evangelism and kingdom growth), we are also mindful of the need to harp on proper stewardship of money in order to ensure that money and wealth do not metamorphose to idols.
Our vision is to promote and encourage a national fellowship of Christ’s Called-Out Rulers in Nigeria, and beyond, that will make meaningful contributions to the private and public sectors of the Nigerian economy. Our mission is to build a generation of Rulers and Business Managers in accordance with time-proven principles of the Bible. We believe that our faith in God and his Word should transcend our spiritual lives and influence all facets of our professions and vocations.
Every publication of Ekklesia Magazine is anchored on certain doctrinal statements. We profess that:
- The entire Bible is inspired by God and is the final authority in all things.
- There is one God who exists in three distinct persons (the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit)
- Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of God.
- Jesus was crucified on the cross at Calvary and He is the only Redeemer of man through His precious shed blood.
- On the third day after His crucifixion, Jesus rose triumphant over death and is seated at the right hand of God.
- There is no other name given that man should be saved except the name of Jesus.
- Jesus Christ is coming again.
We welcome you on board this timeless experience of Christ’s Called out Rulers. Let’s take the Gospel to the world through the pulpits of our vocations!